Yōki (妖気, Demon Energy) is the energy of a Yoma. When a Claymore is created, she assimilates the yoki of the particular Yoma used to create her, which is a variable in determining her level of strength. Claymores use certain amounts of yoki to increase their strength, speed, or rate of regeneration, and many use their yoki to be able to create special, unique, and/or advanced moves such as Irene's Flash Sword. However, the drawback to yoki is that its usage places great strain on a Claymore's mind and spirit, eventually overpowering the human will and causing the victim to Awaken.
Release Levels Edit
- 10% release: Eyes change from silver to gold.
- 30% release: Facial distortion.
- 50% release: Whole body distorts.
- 80% release: Theoretical limit, reversion to human form difficult, if not impossible.
- 100% release: Full Awakening.
Known Yoki moves Edit
Apart from the physical strength of Warriors there are several special techniques that some created which also determined their epithet. Among them:
- All Claymores special strength, speed, resiliency, and regenerative powers
- All Awakened Beings abilities
- Irene's and Clare's "Flash Sword/Quicksword"
- Helen's extension of extremities
- Miria's "Phantom Step," "Mirage Step," and "Awakened Phantom Step"
- Deneve's Regeneration
- Ophelia's "Rippling Sword"
- Jean's and Helen's "Drill Sword"
- Undine's strength and muscles
- Clare, Teresa, Galatea, Roxanne, and Tabitha's exceptional yoki reading and Yoki Manipulation techniques
- Cynthia and Yuma's ability to heal using Yoki Synchronization and Yoki Manipulation
- Rachel's "Strong Sword"
- Raftela's "Sensory Control"
- Audrey's "Gentle Sword"
- Nina's "Shadow Hunter"
- Anastasia's "Winged" technique
- Hysteria's "Elegant" technique
- Yoki centered techniques: Yoki manipulation e.t.c