Of indeterminate size and shape. Unknown if series takes place on Earth, or another world, either in the past or future.
Combine the two maps of the Island World of Claymore below with the Manga and Anime Series:
Called Sutare (mentioned by Clare in Scene 5—called "Sutafu" in Anime and VIZ translation). Desert wastelands prevail, with some forested areas. The Organization is headquartered in an unnamed town close to the sea, which some translations call "Staff".
Called Lautrec (mentioned by Cynthia in Scene 83), a land of mountains, green valleys and desert.
Irene's Hidden Valley lies southeast of Doga, near coast.
Called Mucha (mentioned by Galatea in Scene 90). Green lands, mountains and plains. Headquarters of Luciela of the South. The similarly named "Musha" claimed by Priscilla as her birthplace (Extra Scene 3) is a translator's variant of "Mucha."
Where Does Raki Come From?EditRaki mentions in Scene 56 that he comes from Doga. But due to different English translations, he either says "I'm from the plains around Doga in the southern lands" (earlier English scanlation) or: "I'm from Doga village in the west." (VIZ literal translation).
Behind the ScenesEdit
- According to Cynthia, the Organization divided the "continent into four parts," one each to the three Abyssal Ones and one to the Organization (Scene 83).
- Uncertain locations in the Claymore series may include: Godahl Plateau, towns of Teo and Rokut (Teresa arc), town of Toriro, the Paburo Mountains and "Lido" (Miria arc), town of Gonal (Ophelia arc).
- Differences in translations, spellings, as well as between Manga and Anime also contribute to uncertainty of locations. An example would be Miria's Mystery Village.
- Just as members of the Organization have names of art museums (Musée d'Orsay, Louvre), places have names of artists (Alphonse Mucha, Toulouse-Lautrec).
- Or the names of works of art, such Michaelangelo's "Pieta."
Scene 92 Map
Claymore DS Map