A hunting party normally consists of four Claymores of varying strength, their mission: killing an Awakened Being. Despite the presence of a single-digit Claymore, who is normally included, the hunt can still end with the death or Awakening of a party member.
Typically a single-digit becomes the leader of three double-digit Claymores. Normally solitary Claymore are shown and implied to frequently argue when working together. Few examples of team tactics by Claymore are seen, until the mobilization of 24 warriors by Miria in the Northern Campaign.
Notable Hunting PartiesEdit
- Unnamed mountain location: Hilda (leader), Miria, two unnamed Claymores. After Awakened Being is killed, Hilda and Miria promise to fight together again.
- Unnamed mountain location: Ophelia (leader), Miria, two unnamed Claymores. The Awakened Hilda is killed by Miria, who in her grief, almost Awakens herself.
- Toriro "Hunting Party": Miria (leader), Queenie, Clare, unnamed Claymore. Not an official hunting party. Presence of Awakened Being only suspected, not confirmed. Clare disobeys orders and engages non-Awakened Being Yoma alone. Miria and Queenie angry on arrival.
- Paburo Hunting Party: Miria (leader), Deneve, Helen, Clare. All four are almost killed, but fight ends with unexpected defeat of Awakened Being. Miria suspects a double-cross by Organization.
- Gonal Hunting Party: Ophelia (leader), Clare. Suspiciously small party, with only Clare and Raki as witnesses. After Ophelia tortures Clare and Raki, Clare escapes with Raki. While Clare escapes, Ophelia kills Awakened Being, then pursues Clare.
- Mount Zakol Hunting Party: Jean (leader), Katea, Raquel, fourth unnamed Claymore. Except for Jean, all are killed by Riful and Dauf.
- Dabi Hunting Party: Nina (leader), Clarice, two unnamed Claymores. All four defeated and nearly killed, but saved by five of the "Seven Ghosts".
- Unnamed river location in Mucha: Dietrich (leader), unnamed Claymores No. 28, 35, 42. All four are almost defeated, but are saved by Helen and Deneve..